High quality pictures of two new LEGO The Lord Of The Rings sets that are slated to be released this Summer have surfaced. The pictures are of the 79007 Battle at the Black Gate and the 79008 Pirate Ship Ambush sets. Continue reading New Summer LEGO LOTR Set Pictures Revealed
New snaps of the upcoming LEGO The Lord Of The Rings 79008 Pirate Ship Ambush have showcased the immense size of the set. The ship will stand more than a foot tall and will run nearly two feet long. The set, which is slated for a June release, will also feature nine minifigures, including: Aragorn, Legolas, Gimli, King of the Dead, two Soldiers of the Dead, the Pirate of Umbar and two Mordor Orcs.
Set images, taken from what seems like a retailers catalog, of the Summer 2013 LEGO The Lord Of The Rings have leaked out on to the internet. Four new sets are slated for a June 2013 release. The set lineup (with their respective minifigures) include:
- 79005 – The Wizard Battle: Gandalf the Grey and Saruman Minifigs
- 79006 – The Council of Elrond: Elrond, Frodo, Arwen and Gimli
- 79007 – Battle at the Black Gate: Gandalf the White, Aragorn, The Witch King of Angmar & 2 x Morder Orc
- 79008 – Pirate Ship Ambush: Aragorn, Legolas, Gimli, King of Dead, 2 x Soldiers of Dead, 2 x Mordor Orc and 2 x Corsair Pirate
Since the pictures are only preliminary, it is possible prior to their release in the summer of 2013, that the sets may change somewhat. New details about the 2013 LEGO The Lord of the Rings lineup should emerge in the coming weeks and months and possibly specify details such as price and piece count.
The new LEGO The Hobbit theme will soon be upon us and thanks to Amazon.fr, details from the set lineup are now available. Upcoming LEGO The Hobbit sets include:
- 79000 Mystery of the Ring – 105 pieces – € 13.99 ~ $17.00
- 79001 Spiders of Mirkwood Forest – 298 pieces – € 31.49 ~ $39.00
- 79002 Attack of the Wargs – 400 pieces – € 59.99 ~ $75.00
- 79003 An Unexpected Gathering – 652 pieces – € 79.99 ~ $100.00
- 79010 The Orc King – 841 pieces – € 99.99 ~$125.00
Expect to see these sets roll out into stores this winter.
Taking a page from the movie trilogy, LEGO has designed a very epic cover for the upcoming LEGO The Lord Of The Rings video game. Sure to catch the attention of fans, it may capture their hearts and minds as well, not to mention their wallets. Set for an October release, the game will be available on all major gaming platforms with some special editions of the game receiving an exclusive Elrond minifugre as well.
A minifigure of the Elven Lord of Rivendell, Elrond, will be available exclusively with the purchase of the special edition of the LEGO The Lord of the Rings video game . Much like previous LEGO video games, such as the ones based on Star Wars and Batman, the LEGO The Lord of the Rings video game will be developed by English software house Traveller’s Tales. The game is set to be released this October on all major platforms.