While the Crimson Invasion expansion has been around for a few weeks now, I could not help but snag a booster box during the Cool Stuff Inc’s Black Friday sale for about $60.
- Basic Energies (every pack has one): 36
- Commons, uncommons and special energies: 288
- Reverse holo commons and uncommons: 22
- Rares: 25
- Rare holos and reverse holos: 16
- GX cards: 9
- 4 Regular GX
- 4 Full Arts
- 1 Secret Rare
Rare holo and reverse holos:
For pricing of “bulk”, I used values that Deriums offers, since they are a pretty popular place to trade-in bulk online. Even though Deriums is not taking trade ins right now, their values still seem to serve as a good rule of thumb.
That being said, the bulk market has collapsed recently, so outside of GX, other cards tend to have very little value. For GX cards, Full Arts, and the like, I used a very rough average of eBay prices.
- Basic energies (my estimate): $0.01
- Commons and uncommons: $0.02
- Common and uncommon reverse holos:$0.05 (my estimate)
- Non-holo rares: $0.08
- Regular and reverse holo rares:$0.10
- GX Cards:
- Golem GX Secret Rare: $9.00
- Golem GX: $3.50 x 2 = $7.00
- Guzzlord GX Full Art: $6 x 2 = $12.00
- Kartana GX Full Art: $8
- Aloan Exeggutor GX: $6
- Nihilego GX: $5
- Gyarados GX: $3.50
I also added about 10 cents of value for each code card.
Overall Booster Box value:
- Code Cards: $3.60
- Basic energies: $0.36
- Commons, uncommons and special energies: $5.76
- Reverse holo commons and uncommons: $1.10
- Rares: $2.00
- Rare holos and reverse holos: $1.28
- GX cards: $50.50
For a total of $64.60.
Therefore, more or less, you can expect an average value of $1.80 per Crimson Invasion pack. Obviously, YMMV dramatically depending on the pulls you get in your pack or box.
Given that the cost of the box was $60 and shipping was $6, the cost of the sealed box was roughly $1.40 more than the value of the cards inside. This is not so bad, but since booster boxes tend to retail at $80 or more, having purchased a box at that price would certainly have been a losing proposition.
Prices may also fluctuate dramatically and are current as of writing